Call for proposals – Hazard 2014
Hazard 2014 – Saturday 12 July – Manchester City Centre
Deadline for proposals – Friday 16 May 2014, 6pm
A micro-festival of incidental intervention and sited performance, blurring the boundaries between art and activism… cheeky, thought-provoking and sometimes raunchy sprees of eccentricity…
For a glimpse of previous outbreaks of hazardous behaviour see here.
Hazard is seeking proposals for a daytime event (Saturday 12 July 12noon-5pm) work that:
• intervenes in public spaces in the city centre;
• is socially engaged, and/or conceptually motivated;
• is low- or no-tech and self-sufficient;
• is interactive and playful – which could mean anything from street/urban/pervasive games to playful spectacles;
• we will give bonus points for creative engagement with the idea of hazard – chance, danger, risk, and/or use of yellow+black tape!
Honorarium/expenses (£2-300 per piece) available, to be negotiated on an individual basis. For projects needing significantly more money, please contact email@example.com to talk it through first.
Deadline: Friday 16 May 2014, 6pm
For more information & to apply visit hazardmcr.org
Hazard is presented by Word of Warning, produced by hÅb + The Larks in collaboration with the participating artists, a greenroom legacy project